Old September 24th 03, 04:17 PM
Robert Moore

Dave Pascoe KM3T wrote

Generally speaking, your entire post is incorrect.

I don't believe that is right. I think when they refer to "sole
means of navigation" they mean that you need to have other means
of navigation (separate NAV receiver).

A "means" of navigation refers to a "system" of navigation, not
the devices used to accomplish that means. ADF,VOR,GPS are means,
a King VOR receiver is a device to accomplish a means of navigation.

If you were in the soup and your Garmin died, what
would you do? I would never trust one instrument.

Many parts of the world still rely on the NDB/ADF system for
navigation. What would one do if that one ADF receiver fails?
Airliners navigated across the ocean for years using only one
LORAN A receiver.

Bob Moore
ATP CFII