Old January 7th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default Nasa Icing courses

"Scott Draper" wrote in message
That's because we want to choose what we download. Icing is mostly
relevant to IFR flight.

If everyone did what you did, there'd be no point to having multiple
groups.

While I agree with you that the original post was over-cross-posted, it
seems to me that the only newsgroup that was blatantly off-topic for the
post was r.a.owning.

It seems to me that airframe icing is primarily an IFR issue, possibly of
interest to people reading r.a.piloting, and hardly applicable to people
involved in their primary training (the main audience in r.a.student). But
a person who lacks a conservative bent, a person who doesn't understand why
it's a good thing to be VERY minimal about cross-posting, they aren't going
to see it that way.

They are going to think "well, this *might* be of interest to someone who
*might* be reading that newsgroup", and they (or similar-minded folks) are
going to get all bent out of shape if you try to suggest otherwise.

Which is, in fact, what happened so far.

Of course, your original reply was somewhat exaggerated as well (there
*were* plenty of rec.aviation.* newsgroups that didn't get the post). I'm
sure that didn't help the mood.

Pete