Old April 14th 04, 05:29 PM
Henryk Birecki

What a PDA can do for you depends on how you interact with a computer.
Every program you would get will get you the necessary basic
information, so the most important part for you is the user interface.
You need to make your own decisions based on trying (or at least
looking at a program). A good place to start is
http://www.soaringpilotsoftware.com look for the GPS_LOG WinCE (it is
free) program, download version that runs on a PC and play with it to
see what it can do for you (oh and yes..., bring your brain with you
)
Remember also that PC user interface is always a different from that
on a PDA.

Henryk Birecki

BJen wrote:

I've got a late '80's model flight computer with an
integrated non-GPS final glide calculator and an IGC GPS
logger. I'm thinking about upgrade options to minimize the
mental workload for these items that I currently have
trouble with: