Old November 18th 05, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Commercial rating: Am I wrong here?

gatt wrote:
I continue to work on my commercial because I don't quit, because it's an
excuse to fly and to improve my skills, but because of my schedule in the
last couple of months I've only been able to fly about once or twice every
two weeks. The flight school hasn't said anything, but I get the vibe that
they're expecting me to wash out. One of the instructors seems frustrated
that I haven't finished up already.

What difference is it to them how long it takes? You're paying by the hour,
aren't you? Ignore the vibes or find another flight school. OTOH, it only
takes 10-15 hours to get a commercial license if you've got the long cross
country out of the way. Double up... do the mandatory dual instruction on the
commercial maneuvers in a complex aircraft. You can be done in no time.

The instructor thing is beyond me... I never went there so I'm the last to speak
of it. OTOH, I do have a commercial license; I don't earn my living flying
anymore but I have never regretted finishing it. Skittish passengers get
courage from the fact that you have a commercial ticket. And if your present
job falls through, you can always find a low paying aviation job. That's what I
did between my first and second career.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE