Old July 7th 06, 12:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Default What to do about North Korea...?

Recently, Jay Honeck posted:

Rationale sane people are not
in charge of the nk government.

Some think the same about our leaders.

I've not met any sane people who claim this to be true.

I'd suspect that "people you've met" would be an insignificant sample size
of the world's population.

I suppose you believe these missile launches were the act of a sane
government? Good grief...

From the frame of mind of those in that region, I'd say yes, it was sane.
How do you think it will play out? We're not going to attack NK any more
than we're going to attack Pakistan or Iran, and pretty much for the same
reasons; the consequences are dire. That concept is slowly sinking into
Bush's dense skull.

Interestingly, it is the Japanese who are now demanding sanctions
against NK, and (as usual) the Russians and Chinese who are proving
that the "United Nations" is as ineffective as as always.

Given that the Russians and Chinese really *are* within range of NK's
weapons, it would seem that their opinions should carry more weight than
ours.

Here's the bottom line, folks: North Korea represents a clear and
present danger to the U.S.

You're being had, yet again.

The fact that we currently have an administration in power that
actually says what it means, and means what it says, is a fortunate
stroke of luck in world history.

We'll see. It appears that the Bush administration's actions have cause
more harm to our reputation than otherwise, and the mess that they created
in the Middle East will have negative repercussions for decades, if not
centuries. How do you see it playing out otherwise?

Sadly, incredibly, once again, if diplomacy fails it looks like we may
have to go it alone against North Korea --

It won't happen, unless Bush is truly insane.

Neil