Old August 22nd 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GM

Default Towing glider trailers with a VW Jetta Wagon?

On Aug 21, 8:06 pm, Allan wrote:
Well, no doubt a V8 is going to get you there easier and faster, but
I'll still make better time 'cause I'll only be stopping 1/8 as many
times for fuel

Seriously though, I have no doubt I can drag the weight behind the
Jetta, but what I'm really in need of is some advice from someone who
has a wagon with a hitch. I've done some poking around and there
aren't many options for hitches for the wagon for some reason...

-Allan

Allan,

what model year do you have?
I don't have a Jetta Wagon but a TDI Sedan. Mine is a '06 model with
100HP, manual transmission and I put a hitch on it. The Jetta will
tow my Aluminum Schreder type trailer with a Libelle H301 in it just
fine. Granted, I live in South Carolina and I do not have to negotiate
steep grades.

Uli Neumann