Old May 8th 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.student
Al G[_1_]

Default First Call -- You're Invited to TWO Oshkosh Parties!

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
It is a long shot, but I just might make it this year. A friend
finished an RV4, and I have been putting the 25hrs on it. It is for sale,
and if it hasn't sold by OSH, it may go east. If it does, I'll be there.

Eh? Your friend finished his RV-4, and immediately put it up for sale?

Whassup with that?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

He's 91, and his knees are so bad he can't get in or out of it. So,
naturally I volunteered to help him out. He buys the gas, and I fly the
airplane. I'm 21 hours into the phase 1 testing(25). It is a dirty, nasty
job, but hey, someone's got to do it. He wants the aircraft to go to
airshows this summer, as advertising, until it sells. If it hasn't sold by
July, he is talking about putting up the fuel for the trip. He has the 180hp
and a constant speed prop, so it is fairly quick. Last weekend I got 170kts
on 8.8gph(8500', 22" x 2400rpm).

He has a Pitts that is ready to be assembled as soon as the hangar is
empty, and a Glastar right behind that. He and his little brother(87) do
this for a hobby. He is an ex airline type, and when he started flying for
them, it was as a co-pilot on a Boeing flying boat, Oakland to Honolulu.

I hope I'm half as sharp as they are in 40 years.

I'm president of our local EAA chapter,495, and have been dreaming of
making the pilgrimage for years. I won't go unless I can fly, and would
prefer to take a taildragger, just to make it fun. I have access to a good
supply of Bogwater Ale, from a small Coastal brewery(It tastes a lot better
than it sounds).

Al G