Old January 31st 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

Default Anyone take an ICOM on a commercial flight?

"es330td" wrote in message
What are the odds I can get away with taking my ICOM radio and
listening to the cockpit?

Well, you didn't say what kind of ICOM. It is probably not on the approved
electronics list (but you know that). These days, there are so many consumer
electronics goodies in the cabin that there is no way the crew can keep track.
A fellow I work with actually got away with operating his ham 2-meter portable
radio on at least one flight. Needless to say: Transmitting on the air bands
from inside the passenger cabin would be a very dumb idea.

Finding and following the correct radio channel would be a problem.

Vaughn