Old September 26th 04, 10:35 PM
David Brooks

Default Too much information for ATC?

The other day I wanted to fly VFR across RITTS, which is both the LOM for
the ILS, and the origin for the NDB approach, to PAE. I was traveling east
at right angles to the approach course. I decided to call Center, who
handles approaches in these parts. Although it was clear VFR and I know he
could see me on his scope, I thought it would be polite to tell him my
intentions and give him a confirmed altitude.

He gave me a bored Roger and asked if I wanted FF.

To the controllers in this group, was that a marginally helpful call to
make, neutral, or annoying? Should I have only bothered if I had heard
another craft setting up an approach?

-- David Brooks