Old October 25th 05, 05:32 PM
John A. Weeks III

Default Jimmy Franklin Airshow - Heart Memorial Fund

In article . com,
wrote:

Yep; seen that clip many times, Gord.

Back to Frankin...his tragic and needless death validates the old
saying, "There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there
are no old, bold pilots." Jim Pflaum - Raleigh, NC

But as a stupid pilots seem to last unexpectedly long.
Franklin was and old-timer by airshow standards. Another
one that I could not bear to watch was the French Connection,
notably Daniel Heligoin. They were pushing the edge a bit
in their act, but Daniel would always add that extra element
of being a dare devil. I saw them perform over the river at
the arch in St Louis. Heligoin kept seeing how close he could
get to the Eads Bridge. Cars would swerve on the bridge thinking
that he was going to hit the bridge. Maybe Heligoin was a great
pilot, but even then, it was only a matter of time before one
of his dumb stunts would reach up and bite him. It is too bad
that he killed his wife in the process.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708

Newave Communications