Old January 3rd 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Default Soaring with SPOT

On Jan 3, 4:13 am, "
wrote:
Neat email hack Tom. My personal interest is really about the tracking
feature and I'm unlikely to want to also send messages, except for a
911 message, but I'll see as I play more.

Have you talked to them about being able to get to tracking data in
some automated way?

I could see modifying my email hack to fetch the live track data and
then forward a summary or hourly report to a list of phone numbers.
That would eliminate the need to go through the gymnastics of
switching out of live tracking to send the SPOTcheck and then back to
live mode.

Perhaps we as a community, and maybe power pilots as well should ask
for either a way to get at the data, or have them enhance the web
service to provide these features.

I think there are a lot of people who would like to have live tracking
and a periodic TXT message sent to friends and loved ones.

-Tom