Old November 13th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default Do you always have oxygen?

"Jose" wrote in message
et...
I am curious to know how many GA pilots always have oxygen on board,

It's been reported that for some, especially at night, altitudes above
5000 feet cause noticable impairment. Nonin makes a fingertip device
(pulse oxymeter) to measure blood oxygen saturation. I'm curious myself
as to what my readings would be. However, it's a $300 device, and I don't
often fly that high anyway.

http://wingsandwheels.com/page35.htm down towards the bottom of the page -
$199

--