Old January 22nd 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Carb Heat

nrp wrote:
Yes they appear to be similar charts. The AOPA chart actually shpws a
strange anomaly for pressure carbs that limits the severe icing to
about 80% humidity. I'm not sure why that is so, and it may only be an
artist's mistake.

At any rate the general trend for when to expect icing from those
charts is clear.

\
The OP's post indicates the increasing trend to ignore
training about carb ice. There have been several accidents in the last
few years around our part of the country involving carb ice, and in my
teaching i find that pilots don't know the mechanism of carb ice, nor
do they know how to recognize and manage it.

Dan