Old May 6th 05, 10:35 PM
Don Johnstone

At 05:00 06 May 2005, Andy Blackburn wrote:

My point was I don't think it's a great idea to be
so cavalier about low altitude spins. The 500' cylinder
encourages an aggressive, ballistic pull up to reach
the finish altitude for pilots on a marginal glide.
The gate doesn't - you just land. The fact that someone
got away with a spin at 400' is not a confidence-builder
for me.

9B

The answer to that problem is simple, it's the start
scenario in reverse. Any pilot flying below the minimum
finish height is recorded as a landout at that point.
There is now absolutely no point in pulling up to 500ft.