Old February 10th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Why airplanes fly

wrote:
Yes there is. I've experimented with it and found it useless if the
objective sought is realistic aircraft control pressure feedback.
What it does do is create some "effects" for the user that are intended
to produce a more realistic experience, but in my opinion, the
technology falls way short of this goal.

In fact, my opinion of force feedback is so negative, I personally don't
use it.

--
Dudley Henriques-

That's my experience too. At first I really wanted force feedback.
However it's so inaccurate, and the motors make the thing all twitchy,
that only bad habits come of it.

Some company (not CH) makes joysticks and a flight yoke that don't use
potentiometers. They work better, apparently. Someone on the sim forum
could probably lead you to a controller that behaves well.

For the work I do on the sim program both for Microsoft and developers I
use strictly CH Products. I've found them to be quite dependable and I
recommend them highly.
DH

--
Dudley Henriques