Old April 4th 05, 01:23 AM
Gord Beaman

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
snip

It also stipulates that, "Each person performing an annual or 100-hour
inspection *shall use* a checklist while performing the
inspection....."

Dunno about this boys, I've been following this discussion and
until I saw this para above it seemed about right but this one
will sink you I think.

You CANNOT use a checklist that isn't PRESENT. I flew large
multiengined aircraft for the RCAF for some 26 years...all but
one type demanded the use of checklists and we used them
religiously, all the time, every time. It was the only way to
stay legal AND safe.

So, IMO, you CAN use the 'procedures' in a maint. manual (even
while the manual itself is in the library) but you CANNOT 'use' a
checklist while it's in the library.
--

-Gord.
(use gordon in email)