Old March 16th 11, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

Default XCSoar for Android

joesimmers wrote:
I just installed this on my droid x, can you please give a brief
description of how to load maps and waypoints
onto the phone, this could come in really handy as a backup glide
computer also.

Hey, I had described that already in my previous post:

After installing the software, copy your data files (maps,
waypoints, airspaces) to the directory "XCSoarData" on the SD card,
launch XCSoar, and configure the files (double-tap to open the menu,
Config / Config / Setup System).

You will find the manual, pregenerated map files and a map generator
for custom maps on our web site (http://www.xcsoar.org/).

Max