Old March 17th 11, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lanebush

Default XCSoar for Android

On Mar 16, 1:30*pm, Max Kellermann wrote:
joesimmers wrote:
I just installed this on my droid x, can you please give a brief
description of how to load maps and waypoints
onto the phone, this could come in really handy as a backup glide
computer also.

Hey, I had described that already in my previous post:

After installing the software, copy your data files (maps,
waypoints, airspaces) to the directory "XCSoarData" on the SD card,
launch XCSoar, and configure the files (double-tap to open the menu,
Config / Config / Setup System).

You will find the manual, pregenerated map files and a map generator
for custom maps on our web site (http://www.xcsoar.org/).

Max

Works great. Removed SD card, inserted into laptop and placed
waypoint and SUA files in Config folder. Then went to system setup
and selected them. Can't wait to give it a try in flight.

Lane
XF