Old December 21st 06, 05:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
WaltBJ

Default Time travel

The Gutless - I made a stick and paper model of the F7U when I was a
two-striper before cadets and that baby flew surprisingly well when
launched off the second floor landing of the barracks stairs. Alas,
after too many crash landings (It was a Navy plane!) it went down in
flames like most all built-up models. By the way doublke slotted flaps,
LE slats and canards would probably reduce that God-awful deck angle
and allow reducing the weight of the nose gear about 500 pounds worth
by sawing off about 3 feet. BTW speaking of the PBY some oil
exploration company owned a couple back in the 50s. They had fishing
chairs in the blisters and a pair of Grumman aluminum canoes contoured
to fit snugly under the wing hung from the weapons racks. Oh, yeah,
they had somehow contrived a sundeck atop the center section. Now that
is my idea of a real yacht! Enough room inside the hull for real plush
living, too. Turn an Italian yacht designer loose on the insides,
yessir!
Walt BJ