Old September 4th 03, 05:52 PM
John Clonts

Default GPS-Y GPS-Z database question

KIWS (West Houston) has a GPS (RNAV) Y RWY 33 as well as a GPS(RNAV) Z RWY
33. My KLN-94 only shows one of them. Is there a way to tell which one it
is, without just a "mechanical" inspection of all the waypoints, bearings,
etc? Is this a limitation of the KLN-94, or a limitation of the (Jeppesen,
isn't it) database provided to King? Do Garmin products (e.g. 430/530) not
suffer this limitation? BTW, a friend who has Jeppesen plates said there is
a note on one (I don't recall which one) of them "Procedure not in
database".

Thanks!
John Clonts
Temple, Texas