Old March 8th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Aircraft insurance rates

H.P. wrote:
Trying to find a comparison of SEL aircraft and insurance rates. I know that
Cirrus is on the high side and..depending on whom you believe...Diamond and
Tiger might be on the low side.

Can anyone point me to a website that covers most of the available,
normal-to-high performance piston planes? The search engines are nearly
useless since they'll pump out hundreds of insurance websites offering
quotes.

On any airplane that there are a lot of out there, the price pretty
nicely scales with pilot experience vs. hull value. If you've
got an odd-ball..either excessively new technology, or an older
limitted run, your field of underwriters is limitted, so things
are less competitive.