Old May 15th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default BFR yesterday; first instrument approaches!

"Michael Ware" wrote:

... I am quite excited about persuing my
instrument rating now.

Go for it.

Getting the rating was tough for me; it took a year, and at the end I was
just about fed up with it. I was also a much more proficient pilot with both
yoke-and-rudder and the ATC system.

If you fly much for serious travel, I believe you will find the rating
useful. At the very least, you will get better radar service when flying
IFR.

Beware, though: using the rating can get you killed if you do not maintain
proficiency well beyond what is required by the FARs for currency. Everyone
firmly resolves to do this, of course, but it is a tougher resolution to keep
than it might seem.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM