Old May 15th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default BFR yesterday; first instrument approaches!

On Mon, 15 May 2006 09:46:10 -0500, Dan Luke wrote:

Beware, though: using the rating can get you killed if you do not maintain
proficiency well beyond what is required by the FARs for currency. Everyone
firmly resolves to do this, of course, but it is a tougher resolution to keep
than it might seem.

Please heed Dan's advice above. See
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...998f4ba6960ee7
for why my experiences concur with Dan's advice.

I had only gone 6 weeks without doing actual approaches and felt like I was
out of shape and that was after flying 2.4 hours level flight in actual
conditions.

Allen