Old October 12th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Airplane in NYC is a Cirrus SR20

Tom Conner wrote:

Is there a design benefit for an aircraft to not be spin recoverable?

Yes, you can tack on a parachute and charge more for the plane.

I wonder if the pilots were turning left, got blown too far and too
close to the buildings by the strong wind yesterday, tried to bank even
more, stalled and spun. (An observer said he saw the plane bank
strongly and another saw the plane zig-zagging before it struck the
building, which sounds like a spin to me.) With an instructor aboard,
I doubt it was a visibility issue especially hearing that the vis was
8mi.

Tien

CPL-MEI