Old December 12th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601XL Builder

Default 396 question

Are we talking a block off? A mile off? Or next town over?

I've noticed that Google maps, in some smaller towns especially on not main
roads seem to look like they are estimating based off of some more primary
street. My home address shows up one block away from where it really is and
I have a XX00 address and it shows on the corner a block East of where it
really is.

"dlevy" wrote in message news:OhBfh.14$Iz.13@bigfe9...
Wrong on Yahoo maps too.

"dlevy" wrote in message news:XgBfh.13$Iz.11@bigfe9...
It's wrong there too. Interesting.

"xyzzy" wrote in message
ups.com...

dlevy wrote:
I use mapsource with my 396. Occasionally an address is incorrect.
That
got me wondering what is the process by which Garmin (or whoever)
builds the
database? Can I submit an error to get the database fixed?

Garmin buys the database from a third party (I think Navteq, they also
supply google maps -- see if the same error shows up on google maps)