Old October 15th 03, 01:11 PM
Pierre-Henri Baras

"Frank Vaughan" a écrit dans le message de news:

You act as if this recent anti-French sentiment was the result of
recent activity by Chirac. I content that it is only the open
voicing of this opinion -- but that it has been privately held
for a very long time.

France, if you recall, kicked NATO out of the country.
France, if you recall, aggressively worked against US interests
in Vietnam.
France, if you recall, has for years been excessively rude to US
tourists.
France, if you recall, has for the last 20 years, aggressively
worked against US foreign policy at every opportunity.
France, if you recall, has worked very hard over the last three
decades to weaken the US dollar.
France, if you recall, thumbed its nose at the repayment of the
debts it incurred to the US in the aftermath of WWII.

It's funny your post made me think of Robert Kagan's last book "Of Paradise
and Power". You're almost acting they way he says europeans (according to
him we're trapped in a post-modern world, unable to wage war) act in front
of the USA, complaining that they're using unethical means to install and
enforce their hegemony. Needs one to know one....

Pierre-Henri BARAS

Co-webmaster de French Fleet Air Arm
http://www.ffaa.net
Encyclopédie de l'Aviation sur le web