Old September 23rd 20, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default Best Overall Motorglider available today?

On 9/22/20 3:09 PM, waremark wrote:

I expect that as the energy density of batteries improves electric engines will become dominant, and I worry that this will affect the sale-ability of petrol engined self-launchers.

Even without advances like dilithium crystal batteries, we have the
prospect of politicians getting into power who have sworn to get rid of
fossil fuels altogether. That brings up the prospect of electric
towplanes that can do one or two launches a day, then back to the hangar
for their recharge.