Old September 8th 04, 09:55 PM
Jarema

Nicholas Kliewer wrote:

I was practicing the following NDB-A approach
at F46 (Rockwall -- East of Dallas, TX)

http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0409/06323NA.PDF

And asked for the full approach.

Without GPS or vectors what's the best way to get
turned around outbound if I am on a heading of 090
to intercept the NDB IAF? How about if I am
approaching the IAF at a 90 degree intercept angle?

Hello.

I would pass NDB than turn right for outbound heading (207) and fly for
a while (let say 2 minutes). After this time make 180 turn for inbound
heading. Probably you will have to turn right (becouse you will be east
of course) but it depends on conditions (eg. wind). Before every
procedure turn look where you are!

I hope it help. If I am wrong- please correct me.

Jarema