Old September 8th 04, 10:41 PM
Jeremy Lew

"Roy Smith" wrote in message
In article ,
Nicholas Kliewer wrote:
I would wait until I had station passage at PQF (i.e. the needle
flipped) then begin a right turn to a heading of 060. I would hold 060
heading until you had intercepted the 027 bearing from the NDB, i.e.
until the needle was about 30 degrees off the centerline. Then I would
turn right to 207 (plus or minus a WAG at the required wind direction)
and start tracking outbound for about a minute, then begin my procedure
turn.

Are you seriously suggesting a 330 degree right turn? I'm fairly new at this
IFR stuff, but that seems nuts to me. Why not just turn right to 237 and
wait until you cross the 207 bearing FROM, then proceed outbound at 207 for
another minute?