Old August 20th 04, 05:08 AM
news.verizon.net

Default Arizona weather

I'm on my way to Flagstaff AZ late next week in my peashooter 172. I'm
watching the radar as thunderstorm after thunderstorm passes through the SW.
The last couple of days the forecasts mention 1-inch hail at my destination!
I've never flown the SW before. The FBO in Flagstaff kind of downplayed the
hail when I called. "Oh ya, it's been on the ground in town but not out
here,,, plenty of folks are parked on the ramp so they must not be worried".

Any tips on whether I need to worry? Any folks in the high county have some
words of wisdom? What's normal in AZ for this time of year? They want $80.00
a night to keep it in a hanger.

Thanks

Dan