Old July 16th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
zatatime

Default Maintenance and Insurance

On 15 Jul 2006 12:05:42 -0700, "AceHyflyer"
wrote:

Thank you very much, everyone, this is really helpful information!

From everything you have said it really looks like a fixed-gear, single

engine plane will be the way to go. Unfortunately, I've got a 5 person
family and I'll need to be able to carry a fairly large amount of
baggage, so I'm going to have to look into something a little bigger
than a Skyhawk.

I've been thinking that something along the lines of a Cessna 205/206
or Beechcraft S-35 would be appropriate for my needs.

What would you think of owning something like a well cared for 1965
Cessna 205 with about 900 hours SMOH on the engine? Would I just be
letting myself in for a maintenance disaster? What would you consider
to be the oldest airplane that you would consider buying as a long term
family airplane?

Thanks again,
Chris

Cessna 205/206 are good airplanes. As someone else posted, just make
sure your skills are up to handling a larger single like this before
you fill it up with family/friends and bags for a trip.

An old timer once made a statement that for some reason has stuck with
me....."You're only as good as your worst day."

Good luck.