Old October 26th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ernest Christley

Default Why no plywood monocoque homebuilts?

wrote:

SA gave a tour of the Cirrus factory a month or two back. I think they
have it right. Automate the simple things. Have humans do the
complicated things. Design the airplane with the lowest possible parts
count. I suspect that they will slowly add more automation as the
capitol budget allows.

What parts did they automate?

-Thanks!
-Matt

Mixing the epoxy.

I'll grant your points about speculation (What else is a bull session
good for? 8*), and I will only counter that there are a lot of people
trying to do exactly as you say. 'T'aint easy.