Old January 10th 20, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Instrument panel labeling

John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote on 1/10/2020 8:59 AM:
One word of warning about fonts to use. Don't make the font too fancy - you need the label to easily READABLE during flight. Arial is great. Brush Script is definitely NOT (especially so in all caps).

Case in point are some of the contest IDs I have seen on the vertical stab that are cool but truly UNREADABLE. What's the point?

Just look at your Flarm: it tells you the contest ID way before you can read it
off the glider, and really, that's too late to be useful.