Old September 15th 04, 05:55 AM
Ralph Nesbitt

"Dave Kearton" wrote in
message ...
"Ralph Nesbitt" wrote in message
om...

| It is much easier on the back to walk away than to ride the EJ Seat

unless
| absolutely necessary. Pilots avoid taking the "Magic Ride" due potential
for
| compression injuries to their back. This observation based on my ~ 40
years
| FD/CFR/ARFF experience.
| Ralph Nesbitt
| Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

Undoubtedly Ralph, I was being tongue-in-cheek with my earlier comments.
I wouldn't wish a non-essential ejection upon anybody.

Classic story was told on this newsgroup a few months ago, my apologies

the original poster who saw it happen and could explain it better that I.

Apparently after the Farnborough crash, where one MiG 29 collided with
another during a spectacular display, both ejected and left their

aircraft,
relatively unharmed.

When rescue crews reached the pilots, who had landed fairly close

together,
the 'innocent' pilot was seen to be beating the living suitcase out of the
'guilty' pilot.

"aaah Comrade, let me help you with your dental plan..."

Wish I was there.

I have no idea what a professional FD/CFR/ARFF person does at work, I'm
sure that it's important. ;-)

FD: Fire Dept
CFR: Crash Fire Rescue
ARFF: A/C Rescue & Fire Fighter

Why Professional? After ~ 40 years I stay home & get paid the first of each
month.

Cheers

Dave Kearton