Old January 30th 18, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default A Question for ClearNav Users ...

On Monday, January 29, 2018 at 9:28:03 PM UTC-5, Steve Koerner wrote:
Thermal assistant is great -- highly recommend. You don't have to remove the pointer instrument. The same ADC box can run both. There is benefit to having both on your panel.

Many people have both, current advice is generally use the newer digital display screen only if you can only fit one of the two. However the digital display is very compact - not very deep and very light weight. It can be mounted on a post/arm like a PDA if you had to. I love having both.

Here is my solution. 3 varios are too many, and with the CN a second one seems useless because it is really great. I did however want to have a backup in case the glider battery died so here is my solution:

http://clearnav.net/forum/index.php/topic,569.0.html

Chris