Old March 4th 18, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

Default Towing trailer and glider with a honda civic

At 15:51 04 March 2018, wrote

Further, I have seen different model years of the

same car (Ford Explorer in this case) have totally different
towing qualities and behavior.

I have had 1994, 1998, and 2006 Ford Explorers to tow with.
The suspension improvements that Ford made with each
new successive body style have been very noticeable in normal
day to day driving, as well as in towing. I have pretty much no
issues at all in towing my Cobra trailer behind the 2006 Explorer.
I can only assume it would even be better with the 2011 and up
body style.

So, yes... Newer versions of the same model vehicle will probably
have enhancements to the suspension, and may thus be better
suited for towing than older versions of the same model.

RO