Old November 5th 04, 11:43 PM
Matt Whiting

Newps wrote:

Earl Grieda wrote:

You better go back and learn what "well regulated" meant in the time
when the Constitution was written. And while you are at it, learn what
militia meant at that time as well. Hint, the meanings aren't at all
the same as the generally accepted meanings today.

Please provide a referance to back up your etymological evolution of
these
terms.

Read your history for christs sake. The militia was not an organized
army like we have today, the original framers wanted no part of a United
States Army. They thought that if things got bad the US Army would
basically have a coup and take over the country. Every able bodied
adult male was considered to be the militia.

Yes, it took me all of 5 seconds to find a boat load of references that
explain this is great detail.

Matt