Old September 18th 04, 04:15 AM
John_F

Most likely you fried the RF power output transistor and possibly the
RF driver transistor. The good news is 95% of the radio still works.

You cannot replace these transistors your self as this requires a FCC
general class radio telephone license to work on the transmitter and
some test equipment you obviously don't have, (or you would not have
asked the original question in the first place), to retune and check
for spurious emissions.

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:51:43 +0200, "Henning DE"
wrote:

Hello !

I have some trouble with a King KX 175B Nav/Comm Radio:
I have connected a 14 V Unit to 28 V Power.
(The aircraft has two voltage buses)
Interesting, it does recieve very good and the lamps wont burn out, but once
you set it to transmit, thats it.
It will transmit once and then never again.
It still does recieve.

Did somebody out here made the same mistake ?
How can I fix it ? Is there a fuse inside ?
Any help is greatly appriciated.

Henning DE