Old May 2nd 05, 03:23 PM
Michael

The last couple students I've sent for checkrides have taken about 6
hours. This is with two different examiners....
Is this something the FSDOs are telling the examiners.

Yes, at least in my home FSDO. The FAA is starting to micromanage
examiners to the point where they are being told minimum times required
to do certain kinds of checkrides. Different examiners handle this
differently.

I know at least one who simply ignores the FAA guidance and takes as
long as he feels is necessary. Then he tells the student how long the
exam officially took in case anyone asks.

I know another who spends much of the oral telling stories and bad
jokes. The stories are often educational. The jokes are just bad.

And then there are the ones who actually take the FSDO seriously and
stretch out the oral. It's a pointless exercise, but it's what the
FSDO wants.

Michael