Old April 11th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Danny Deger

Default Format for stopover flight plan

"Newps" wrote in message
. ..

Danny Deger wrote:

"Newps" wrote in message
. ..

Danny Deger wrote:

Does anyone know the correct format for a stopover VFR flight plan?
Many of us often have a single flight with a stopover for fuel. I have
never tried to file a stopover. I also understand the FAA guys aren't
that familiar with it and often don't understand what you are trying to
do and it is easier to just file two flight plans.

Or just build in the expected time on the ground in the flight plan.

I had thought about this, but thought the FSS guy balk at an ETE of 5
hours with 3 hours of fuel onboard :-)

So it's not just a fuel stop, you're going to lunch too.

Total time in the air is 4:30 with a 30 minute stop for fuel. ETE to final
destination is 5 hours.

Danny Deger