Old January 4th 04, 05:12 PM
Kyler Laird

Default AVIATIONTOOLBOX: GeoTIFF chunks of conUS in several scales

I now have GeoTIFFs of FAA sectional maps available in several scales.
http://aviationtoolbox.org/munge/chunked/scale_001
http://aviationtoolbox.org/munge/chunked/scale_002
http://aviationtoolbox.org/munge/chunked/scale_005
http://aviationtoolbox.org/munge/chunked/scale_010
http://aviationtoolbox.org/munge/chunked/scale_025
http://aviationtoolbox.org/munge/chunked/scale_050
http://aviationtoolbox.org/munge/chunked/scale_100
I plan to make at least these scales for each batch of sectionals.

At 100%, the images are 5000x5000 pixels and pixels are 64 meters per
side. All maps are warped (GDAL) and referenced to the Wichita North
sectional. The TIFFs are not compressed. I suggest using rsync with
compression to get more than a couple of them.
rsync://aviationtoolbox.org/munge/chunked/...
(Whenever there's a Debian package for Apache2 gzip compression, I'll
install it.)

GeoTIFFs of arbitrary regions can be generated by my map_image tool.
https://aviationtoolbox.org/members/...t=41&lr_lat=40
It is also called from my map_explorer tool.
https://aviationtoolbox.org/members/...1000&scale=100

There are links to map_explorer (and route_map) from my old nearby
airport locator.
http://aviationtoolbox.org/old/nearb...20&airport=LAF

I'm still developing these tools. All of this could change/break at
any time.

Enjoy.

--kyler