Old August 22nd 03, 04:57 PM
Russell Kent

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote:

Ron Natalie wrote:

That is the primary stopper right there. It's hard enough to set up line sharing
even when everything is straightforward. I can't imagine trying to convince them
how to do line-sharing on a line which has nothing on it to share. What telephone
number ?

BellSouth treats this as an order for a special service ("2W DSL") loop. The
loop is identified by cable and line pair, rather than telephone number. I have
no idea how it's billed, but I worked on a project for them which helps them set
up the order.

Well, in my case "how it's billed" is rather touchy. After NUMEROUS iterations (works,
doesn't work, works but you're billing me twice, ...), SBC finally resorted to marking my
residential account as a "major business customer" so that the ninnies would shy away
from touching it (for fear of getting reamed for screwing a big $ customer). Peace ever
since. :-)

Russell Kent