Old March 29th 04, 10:05 PM

We just received our new ICOM - A-23..

Ist impresions are very good, nd the VOR actually works!

Well.. at 3000 feet and 44 miles anyway.. (As far as we
tried it so far), and it gave us the same radial as the panel unit
in our 172.. Actually did an intercept with it... tiny numbers of
course, but a tiny radio...

We shopped harder than most (I thin. Posted here, got several
opinions.. the ICOM seemed to come out on tip, for what we wanted..

Very good so far...

Dave

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:09:26 GMT, nospamPlease
wrote:

I am thinking of purchasing a hand held radio (tranceiver).

Can anyone recommend one ? I am a student pilot.

Please reply to this newsgroup and not via email.