Old September 2nd 04, 08:05 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: Bomb in a pickle barrel from 10,000 feet
From: Bob
Date: 9/2/2004 8:35 AM Pacific Standard Time
On 02 Sep 2004 13:04:00 GMT,
(ArtKramr) wrote:

From: Bob

Date: 9/1/2004 10:08 PM Pacific Standard Time
On 02 Sep 2004 04:51:10 GMT,
(ArtKramr) wrote:

On 01 Sep 2004 20:12:24 GMT,
(ArtKramr) wrote:

The destruction of the Bridge at Verberie. Precision bombing at its

best.
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer/bridge.htm

And what about the bridge Croix St. Ouen, 2 miles north of Verberie?

What about it?.

I figured you had pictures of that too. Couple bombers flying up or
down the river picking off bridges one by one with their precision
bombing?

We didn't operate that way. we didn't "fly up and down the river" looking

for
targets. We planned the mission and flew the plan. The P-51's operated as

you
described, not the Marauders.

One mission one target with an alternate? Target everything goes?
Just thinking line up the two bridges in a straight line for the run
in and hit one and then the other.

Nope. One mission one target and it gets all 4,000 lbs X56 aircraft.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer