Old November 16th 03, 03:14 AM
Jay Honeck

No, Jay, I think you need to disable your Gator. FWIW, I don't get
any
pop-ups when viewing your site.

Well, it seems that some adware was actually disabling Internet Explorer.
When it crashed (right after bringing up the stupid pop-up ad), Microsoft
sent me to the Pest Patrol website.

I downloaded their software, and it found 49 examples of adware and spyware
on my computer! I deleted them all, and we'll see if things stabilize. The
pop-up ad that was appearing when I opened my website is gone, at least.

Sorry for the false alarm -- the problem was obviously on the "user" end.

Thanks anyway!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA