Old May 22nd 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Flight planning software the accounts for winds ?

When I first downloaded GEFP, I encountered several problems with it. I
called CSC and they couldn't resolve and forwarded me to Jepp. They
acknowledged a couple of the problems noted, but couldn't resolve the
others. I gave up on that and continued to use the old Cirrus 5.0. I
also finally solved the wind problem with AOPA RTFP. You must request
FAA weather along with Plain Language. Otherwise, your flight plan will
not include winds.

I guess I will have to go back to GEFP and start messing with it again.
I have kept all my notes, but they are not on this computer.

Ross
KSWI

John Doe wrote:

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message

John,

Another question that comes to mind: Where does one get wind/weather
predictions accurate enough for this to be useful?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Right now I'm using Golden Eagle Flight Prep and it downloads the winds from
DUATS. I've found them to be very accurate ever since I started using the
product.

Accurate enough for me to use it for planning purposes. (nothing beats a
good pirep though)

I guess it probably doesn't matter much if you are only doing a 100nm trip
once a month, but if you fly 500+nm trips every week, the winds start to
play a bigger part of your planning.