Old March 13th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
dirigible designer

Default joining aluminum sheets techniques

I'm making an eight-foot study model of a personal lifting body
dirigible design of mine. I believe the ribs will be made of
fiberglass and widely-spaced for lightness. I want the skin to be
aluminum sheet.
It would be desirable to avoid installing a rib for every seam
between sheets of aluminum. So, I would like some advice on what is
the state of the art with infallible glue joints between hard aluminum
sheets.
I imagine there is no alternative to crimping the meeting edges as
is done when sewing two sheets of cloth together.
No way am I interested in rivets.