Old January 11th 12, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

Default best self-launcher propulsion system?

On Jan 10, 5:21*pm, Dave Nadler wrote:
Well, if the Euro keeps declining perhaps you
can afford an Antares (~1.27 today).
The range is more than you might expect,
as you don't need to climb as high before
shutdown as other machines, leaving bigger
reserve (subject to lift convenient to launch).
Good luck,
Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"

PS: My Antares has never failed to air-start
(unlike my previous machine). ~12 seconds
from gliding to power with no fuss.

Don't need to climb as high?? because?
Engine stows quicker reducing time of drag exposure?
No need to keep the bay doors open for engine cooling reducing drag
exposure?

Please explain.