Old July 27th 03, 09:54 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , AJC
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 08:41:27 +0530, "Rupert"
wrote:

I think we might be seeing some of the last gasps from Boeing - they
certainly look to be on their knees at the moment, esp with the very
empty
orders book -

http://active.boeing.com/commercial/orders/index.cfm

A total of 143 aircraft - and only one 747, compare to Airbus with 199,
21
one these being A380's

http://www.airbus.com/doc/media/orde...s/od_jun03.xls

It probably all hangs on this 7E7 project. If that fails, like the
farce with their sonic cruiser which never had a market, then things
really do look bad for Boeing.

There is folklore supporting that they can operate in a reduced mode.
It is said that a classic airhead blonde got on a 707 for the first
time, and ran up and down the first class aisle delightfully yelling
"Boeing! Boeing!"

Eventually, the captain came out and ordered "Young woman! Be silent!"

She thought for several minutes, and started running again.

"Oeing! Oeing!"