Old July 18th 07, 09:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pjmac35

Default Lightning T4

"S.B." wrote in message
"Pjmac35" wrote:

They are scanned from old slides

That's interesting. How do you do that?
I have a lot of old slides that I'd like to
put on my computer.

I'm no expert but I use an ordinary scanner. (Epson Perfection 2400)
and set it to Automatic. It has an adaptor for slides and negatives
and it does work, though it can be a bit fiddly. It can, of course,
scan photos and drawings as well. I believe better results can be
obtaind with a dedicated film scanner, but I just wanted the facility
for infrequent use so went for the cheaper compromise!

Regards

Pat Macguire